Will Americans be ‘winging it’ for the Big Game? The National Chicken Council (NCC) released its annual Chicken Wing Report, and the answer is a resounding “yes!”
NCC projects Americans’ consumption of the unofficial gameday menu staple – the chicken wing – will hit an all-time high at 1.38 billion wings during Super Bowl LIII weekend. This figure is up two percent, or about 27 million wings, from 2018.
To visualize how many wings that is…
- If 1.38 billion wings were laid end to end, they would stretch back and forth 28 times from Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- 1.38 billion wings weigh 6,600 times more than the combined weight of both the Patriots’ and Rams’ entire rosters.
- Enough to put 640 wings on every seat in all 31 NFL stadiums.
- Enough to circle the Earth 3 times.
- If each wing were one second, 1.38 billion wings would be 44 years.
- That’s 4 wings for every man, woman and child in the United States.