Check out Woods Canada
Be sure to check out Woods Canada website. They are a sponsor of the Trans Canada Trail. Canadians have trusted Woods equipment to be there for them in the outdoors since 1885. It was there then, and it’s still here now. When you trust your equipment, you can ignore it.
The Trans Canada Trail has 5 goals:
- To build a national legacy by creating a sustainable gift to future generations
- To inspire active living and transportation
- To preserve green space and promote conservation
- To deepen the awareness of Canada’s history, culture, and natural heritage
- To increase economic development by stimulating tourism and creating jobs
As of July 1, 2015 the connecting of more than 400 trails across the country is 80% complete. Two provinces, Newfoundland and PEI are already 100% complete, with 5 other provinces and territories over 90% complete. The goal is “to fully connect our nation’s Trail by 2017, Canada’s 150th birthday…” (http://tctrail.ca/news/?p=6824). Nearly 1,300 km of trail was added so far this year and there is 4,800 km left to go – many sections in unpopulated areas with challenging terrain. Once completed it will be one of the world’s largest trails.
Check out the Trans Canada Trail website for more information and to stay up to date on the project’s progress. To find the closest trail to you and start exploring, see the Trans Canada Tail Map.
Hiking and Camping Contest Giveaway