Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Tangerine Bank. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own
When we were growing up, we were taught math, but we were not taught about money. Our parents tried to teach us about money. While my parents were very thrifty and money smart, I must admit that I was the opposite of my parents. My sisters were different.
I am now much more more money smart like my parents, but it happened later than I would like to admit. Money. We all love money. We love to spend money. We don’t like to save money. I think it is realy important to teach your kids about money when they are young.
Tangerine Bank is hosting a twitter party to discuss just that. Robin Taub will be their guest expert on the chat. Robin Taub is a chartered professional accountant (CPA, CA) and currently works as a financial literacy consultant, speaker and blogger. She is also the best-selling author of A Parent’s Guide to Raising Money-Smart Kids. Follow her on twitter @robintaub or visit her website http://www.robintaub.com to learn more. You can also review the posts she has created on the Tangerine Blog.
Twitter Party Details:
Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Time: 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
Guest: @Robin Taub
Prizing: $500 in Prizing
RSVP: No RSVP required.
Anyone can participate in the twitter party but only those who live in Canada excluding the province of Quebec are eligible to win prizes.
Getting Prepared for Your Convesation
Well, if you want to start thinking about talking to your kids about money, then we thought you might need some though starters along with some links to some great content that can help you.
- Money blunders are all too easy to make because the reality is so few Canadians have ever been taught the basics of finance in school or elsewhere. Do you agree? http://bit.ly/2HT56f7 #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney
- Do you teach your kids the true cost of #FOMO? http://bit.ly/2uvjzWQ #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney
- Financial planning in your 20s #Infographic http://bit.ly/2CGLvv9 #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney
- Do you think an allowance can teach your kids about money? http://bit.ly/2TWVdUZ #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney
- Do you teach your children the importance of giving back? http://bit.ly/2JDUjI6 #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney
- Learning to manage money is an important step to becoming a financially responsible and independent young adult. Here is a great money tips for teens #infographic. http://bit.ly/2Or3Els #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney
Do you know why your kids should start investing early? http://bit.ly/2WbNgYA #infographic #TeachYourKidsAboutMoney