Presented by SheKnows Media, the 2016 BlogHer conferences are the world’s largest celebration of women content creators across social media, video, photos, and the web.
The BlogHer conferences began in 2005 to answer the question “Where are the women bloggers?”
Over the past 11 years, BlogHer events have empowered women in social media to meet, inspire, and celebrate each other, find opportunities to work with brands, and come home with new ideas, skills, and connections.
Please watch our posts on social media as we report back from the BlogHer conference.
Leading-Edge Conversations, Celebrity Appearances, and Sponsor Sneak Peeks
- Keynote fireside chats with “The Big Bang Theory” actor, and STEM education advocate Mayim Bialik, iconic actor and entrepreneur SarahMichelle Gellar, and cross-media mogul Kim Kardashian West, plus additional mainstage Q&As with Lucy McBath, one of the “Mothers of the Movement,” and nine-time Grammy award-winning singer, songwriter and breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow
- Additional general session panels, including one focused on next generation feminist voices who use their celebrity to promote causes, featuring actors Jurnee Smollet-Bell and Matt McGorry, and U.S. boxer Heather Hardy, and one focused on frank, funny real talk about women and their sexual health, featuring HelloFlo founder and SheKnows Media Senior Vice President Naama Bloom, gynecologist Dr. Jessica Shepherd, and author Sarah Brokaw
- Actor, comedian, director, author and activist Aisha Tyler will emcee the ninth-annual Voices of the Year community keynote, sponsored by Merck for Mothers
- Sponsor sneak peeks and special events will include a screening of Amazon Studio’s new series “One Mississippi,” with guest appearance by star Tig Notaro; a trailer debut for TNT’s new series, “Good Behavior,” and sponsor-hosted special events featuring appearances by vegan chefLeslie Durso, actors Lori Laughlin and Ian Ziering, as well as experts on nutrition, interior design, and women’s leadership
- Celebrity appearances in the Expo Hall include Freddie Prinze, Jr. signing his new cookbook in the Best Buy booth, Sheryl Crow in the Hologicbooth, and HGTV personality Sabrina Soto in the Velcro booth
- 13-year-old prodigy DJ Fulano will spin at this year’s closing party to be held at The Conga Room
- Five tracks of education on the latest online media drivers, including cutting-edge social tools, critical industry trends, and pressing social issues
Spotlight on SheKnows Media Corporate Initiatives
- The Pitch: SMB Edition, returns to the conference after its smash debut at #BlogHer15. A platform and video series that elevates, connects and coaches female entrepreneurs, The Pitch was created by SheKnows Media and will be sponsored by GoDaddy. Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Ellevest Sallie Krawcheck will emcee the event. The SheKnows Media booth in the Expo Hall will feature exhibits from last year’s Pitch winners.
- The second-annual #Femvertising Awards returns, and this year the finalists will be unveiled and opened to public voting during #BlogHer16. The #Femvertising Awards celebrate brands and agencies that break down gender stereotypes and challenge unattainable beauty standards through pro-female advertising.
- Also returning is Hatch Labs, a series of workshops designed for tween and teen attendees, training the next generation of leaders on how to express themselves online, and how to do so with mindfulness.
- #SheDoesGood, a partnership between SheKnows Media and the Ad Council, will debut at #BlogHer16. This program encourages social influencers and content creators to become ambassadors for the Ad Council’s social causes and pro-social campaigns that include: Love Has No Labels, Learning and Attention Issues, Save the Food, The Shelter Pet Project, Adoption from Foster Care and Caregiving.
- Top sponsors TNT, Merck for Mothers, Herbalife, GoDaddy, Amazon Studios, GO RVing, More to Migraine, and dozens more are launching new products and services, creating meaningful experiences, and providing fun activations for attendees to experience, learn from and enjoy.