Enjoy Local Food Week!
The third annual Local Food Week run from June 6 – 12, 2016, and you’re all invited to eat fresh and take part in the local food movement by enjoying fresh fruits, vegetables, and beverages grown locally in Ontario!
During Local Food Week, come out and bring the family along while you treat your taste buds to some locally-grown beverages and foods:
- Visit on of the 175 farmers’ markets registered with Farmers’ Markets Ontario or 300 farms registered with the Ontario Farm Fresh Marketing Association and connect directly with the farmers that grow your food.
- Get the opportunity to speak to retailers, butchers, and fishmongers what local choices they have and keep your eyes on the Foodland Ontario logo wherever you shop.
- There are over 200 Ontario-grown foods – from strawberries, kale, and beans to a large selection of fish, meat, eggs, dairy, maple syrup, and honey available throughout the year.
- Dine in at one of the 100 Feast ON restaurants – a designation highlighting the restaurant’s choice to cook the majority of their dishes from local suppliers
- On the hot days, quench your thirst with Ontario fruit and world-class VQA wines, beers, and ciders at select grocery stores and farmers’ markets. Drink responsibly.
Get Out and Get Involved
- Local Food Week was established under the Local Food Act, 2013. It’s a week that gives Ontario residents, farmers, farm organizations, agribusinesses and government partners to join together and promote Ontario foods and beverages.
- For over 39 years, Foodland Ontario has guided families on how to pick out, prepare, and love local foods. Use the Foodland Ontario availability guide to find out what’s in season.
Check out Local Food Week on Social Media!
Are you going to check out Local Food Week? What are you looking forward to trying? Let us know your thoughts by posting your comments below. Let’s move the conversation to social media and you can post pictures of your cool finds. Just make sure you use hashtag #LoveONTFood!
Love Ontario Food Website: http://www.loveontfood.ca/