Summer is in full swing and we are all super busy! Between work; shuttling kids back and forth to summer activities; week-ends at the cottage; camping trips; tending to the lawns and gardens and trying to squeeze in a little down time, who has the time or inclination to research and prepare huge healthy meals?
I have been following the Guiding Stars at my local Loblaws store in an effort to eat healthier. With its 0 – 3 stars rating shown on food item tags, it is an easy way to tell at a glance how healthy a product is.
I also follow my Personal Guiding Stars Profile. This is a tool that tracks the amount of Guiding Stars® rated products in your grocery shop and assigns a level from 1 to 5. The greater the number of starred products in your cart, the higher your level will be. It can even show you how your basket rates compares to the rest of Canada, your province, and your local grocery store.
One of the many perks of your Personal Profile is the healthy recipes that are offered. Just today I went to my Personal Profile looking for an light and easy, yet healthy recipe for tonight’s dinner and found this great 3-star rated recipe for:
Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Sourdough Croutons – Lightly Buttered
- 1 jar (700 mL) PC Organics Pasta Sauce – Tomato & Basil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Pour pasta sauce into large shallow saucepan or a large frying pan. Stir in 1/2 cup (125mL) water. Heat over medium heat until bubbling.
- One at a time, crack eggs open onto a saucer and drop gently into simmering pasta sauce,placing lip of saucer as close to surface of sauce as possible. Reduce heat to medium-low,cover pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until egg whites are firm and yolks are cooked todesired doneness.
- Spoon eggs and sauce into warmed bowls. Top with croutons and basil. Serve with salad andtoast, if desired. Makes 3 adult servings or 6 child servings. (Source: Loblaws.ca)
per cup serving ( Per adult serving )
|Calories 310 cal|
|Fat 15 g|
|Sodium 1150 mg|
|Carbohydrate 28 g|
|Fibre 3 g|
|Protein 17 g|
|Halve numbers for nutritional information on child’s half-size portion.|
Like the recipe states, bet you never thought of poaching eggs in pasta sauce! This is a quick, easy and healthy 3-star Guiding Stars supper. Perfect for nights when the tummy is empty and the cupboard is almost bare!Tweet