The scholarship is called the Brian J. Pearson Scholarship Award. This was the inaugural year. Brian graduated from North Toronto in 1984. North Toronto was where he made his lifelong friends.
The scholarship is dedicated to the life of Brian. Brian was a passionate alumnus and entrepreneur who was proud of his education at North Toronto C.I. and the friendships he formed at the school.
The Brian J. Pearson Scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates a commitment to academics, entrepreneurship and a passion to make a difference. We required applicants to write an essay. The criteria were:
The Brian J. Pearson Scholarship is open to students who:
- are a full time student in grade 12 at N.T.C.I who have taken their mandatory courses (grade 12 English) at N.T.C.I
- have a cumulative high school average of at least 75%
- have demonstrated resilience
- have demonstrated leadership and involvement outside of school
- have demonstrated an ability to combine their passions to their academic journey
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited post-secondary institution or vocational technical school within Canada
My family and I were able to review all the applicants. The thee key characteristics we were seeking were there ability to demonstrate resilience, leadership/entrepreneurship and most importantly the ability to combine their passions to their academic journey.
This is an annual scholarship our family has established in memory of Brian. Our goal is to find that person who may not have fully blossomed yet but has a passion to succeed. A person that if told someone believes in them and that they can do it will try. Brian was a big believer in finding your passions early on in your life and tying it into a business.Tweet