Ok, so today Toshiba Canada announced the launch of the Toshiba Excite 10 LE Tablet and may I say it is sexy! Weighing in at a mere 1.18 lbs., the highly anticipated next-gen tablet offers up a premium mobile computing experience. On top of being ultra awesome in its appearance, the Excite is running the latest Android™ OS (Honeycomb) and will automatically prompt users to make the upgrade to Android™4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) free of charge when the update becomes available.
Toshiba has out done themselves on this product and brought consumers the exact features we need to accommodate our busy multitasking lives . It features an incredible 10″ Autobrite™, Corning® Gorilla® Glass display — whoa that’s a mouthful… but basically its an anti-smudge coating for all those kiddie fingers or splashes of batter from the recipe you just found for dessert! This tablet is so sleek it will easily fit in my purse and will most definitely be on me when I’m waiting at those dreaded doctors appointments or suffering though another Wednesday commute (really though…whats with Wednesday traffic anyway??).
The Excite is equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well as all the essential ports and slots you need to go from the family room to the office to the cottage. Dual cameras for quick and easy recording of those oh so priceless moments and a set of stereo speakers that deliver superior entertainment capabilities all on the go — I’m imagining mine sitting next to me on my beach blanket while I watch the kids from the shore 😉 Oh! and for all of us on the go – a new processor and built in 25 watt/hr lithium ion battery will provide power without draining battery life. This is great if you’re like me and forget to adhere all your tech gadget chargers to your waistline before you leave the house!
Set to be available online from major Canadian retailers as well as ShopToshiba.ca you can have your choice of a 16GB or 32GB for $549.99 and up. At this price how can you not afford the latest in mobile computing awesomeness??!!
Below are a list of the
nerdy specs needed to help you make your purchase decision:
• Android™ 3.2, Honeycomb upgradable to Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
• 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
• 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
• Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
• 16GB and 32GB configurations
• 2 megapixel front-facing camera
• 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
• Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
• Micro SD card slot
• Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
• Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS®Labs
• Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
• 10.1” (W) x 6.9” (D) x 0.3” (H)
• 1.18 pounds (535g)