Twitter Parties are just so much fun – really (we promise)
A great way to connect with Target Canada
Tweet with fellow Target Canada fans
Learn things you might not have known about Target Canada
Chance to win Target Canada gift cards so that you will be ready to shop once your local store opens
How to Participate
A Twitter Party is a fun, fast-paced forum discussing a specific topic. Questions will be asked via tweet and party participants tweet back responses and comments by including the hashtag #TargetCA. It’s easy and it’s fun!
First of all, you will need a Twitter account. If you need one, click here.
Then join in the conversation by including the hashtag #TargetCA in your post. A hashtag is a word or phrase that is used to connect all the tweets. This makes it easy to find all the content related to the conversation.
If you want to learn all about Twitter parties,
Join us at 8:45pm for a set-by-step tutorial on how to participate in a twitter party.
Be sure to follow @target_ca and @ShesConnected on Twitter!
If you are participating in Target Twitter Party, enter your twitter name (@ShesConnected) and URL(http://twitter.com/ShesConnected) in the form below and press Enter.
Spread the Word
Copy and paste the code to place the badge on your blog or add images to your social accounts.
150 x 150px
300 x 300px
400 x 400px
160 x 600px
Target Twitter Party Contest ("Contest")
Contest Rules ("Rules")
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: Contest begins at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on February 24th, 2013 and ends at 10:30 PM EST on February 24th, 2013 ("Contest Period"). Contest is sponsored by Target Canada Co. ("Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who as of February 24th, 2013 are sixteen (16) years of age or older in the province or territory in which they reside and have an account on twitter.com. Prospective entrants without a twitter.com account can create an account without cost by visiting twitter.com and following the onscreen instructions. If an entrant is under the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian must consent to the minor’s submission of an Entry into the Contest and sign and return any other document required by these Rules. If a minor wins any prize in the Contest, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of the minor. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Contest is not open to employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor (including its divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies), Twitter Inc. ("Twitter"), prize suppliers, or other parties supplying materials or services in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Excluded Individuals"). Contest is also not open to immediate family members (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of the Excluded Individuals or to any other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in the Contest and to be eligible to win a prize, access the RSVP page online at http://shesconnectedblog.com/targettwitterparty/ and follow the on-screen instructions to enter by RSVP to the Target Twitter Party (each an "Entry"; collectively, "Entries"). Limit of one (1) Entry per person from a valid Twitter account. Creation and use of multiple or alias Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Rules may result in the disqualification of all Entries from such accounts as well as disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the twitter.com account used to participate in the Contest at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a twitter.com account that can be verified by Sponsor. Note that if a Twitter account is set to "protected mode," updates/responses/replies may not be visible in Sponsor’s inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless the entrant has previously consented to permit Sponsor to see his/her Twitter updates. If an entrant opts to use Twitter via a wireless mobile device (which is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from the handset according to the terms and conditions of the service agreement with the wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on an entrant’s mobile phone bill or be deducted from his/her prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that an entrant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest which may be subject to charges pursuant to his/her carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter. Entrants are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter except as provided within the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules. Any entrant with questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must contact 1-800-440-0680 for assistance.
4. HOW TO PLAY/INSTANT PRIZES: A unique trivia question will be posted every 10 minutes during the Contest Period starting at approximately 9:05 PM EST and ending at 10:05 PM EST. Entrants can provide the correct answer to a trivia question by sending a Twitter @Reply tweet to the Sponsor’s designated Twitter feed and include the Sponsor’s designated hashtag within the reply. The twenty fourth (24th) entrant to correctly answer each trivia question posted will be declared the potential winner of an instant prize and will be announced by Sponsor within approximately thirty (30) minutes of each trivia question being posted. Sponsor will also have the option, but not the obligation, to also award each instant prize winner a $10 CAD bonus prize (randomly selected by Sponsor; a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of six (6) bonus prizes will be awarded). Six (6) instant prizes are available to be won at the beginning of the Contest, each consisting of one (1) $100 CAD Target Gift Card. In the event that a potential instant prize winner is ineligible to receive the instant prize or is disqualified for any reason, the next (in chronological order) eligible Entry received by the Sponsor will become the new potential instant prize winner. This process will continue as described above until a winner is finally determined or there are no more eligible Entries. In the event that an instant prize cannot be awarded in the manner described herein for any reason, then a potential winner will be determined by a random draw from all entrants who provided the correct answer to the corresponding trivia question. Limit of one (1) instant prize per entrant. Entries submitted by instant prizewinners will be entered into the Contest prize draw. Odds of winning an instant prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received for each unique trivia question posted.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There are twenty-five (25) Contest prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) Target Gift Card with the value of $25 CAD together with a bonus item randomly selected by Sponsor and valued at $10 CAD. Contest prizes will be awarded by a random draw conducted from all eligible Entries received. On February 24, 2013 at approximately 10:30 PM EST a random electronic draw will be conducted in Toronto, Ontario to award the Contest prizes. Twenty five (25) entrants will be randomly selected as the potential Contest prize winners from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning a Contest prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
In order to be declared a winner of any Contest prize by Sponsor, the potential winner must be in compliance with the Rules, an employee of Sponsor must be able to reach the potential winner by direct message using twitter.com and/or email within five (5) business days of the date on which the potential winner's Entry was selected, and the potential winner must correctly answer, unaided and within a set timeframe, a mathematical skill-testing question administered by email. Potential winners, or their parent or legal guardian in the case of minors, may also be required to execute and return by mail or email a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification. If a potential winner is not in compliance with the Rules, including by failure to fully complete or return any document required by these Rules, such entrant shall be disqualified from the Contest and another entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible Entries until all winners are finally declared or there are no more eligible Entries. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for potential winners, who will be contacted by direct message using twitter.com and/or email.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Decisions of Sponsor are final, and entrants agree to abide and be bound by the Rules, Twitter’s Terms of Service and Twitter Rules, and all of the instructions and decisions of the Sponsor. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the Rules or any decision rendered by Sponsor, the decision or interpretation of Sponsor shall prevail. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be in violation of the Rules, Twitter’s Terms of Service or Twitter Rules. Sponsor is not responsible if any entrant’s account is suspended by Twitter for violation of Twitter’s Terms of Service or Twitter Rules.
Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with the Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest (collectively referred to as "Prohibited Acts"), is a violation of law, and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Sponsor contests. For further clarity, Prohibited Acts include, without limitation, the use of any automated equipment to participate in the Contest and creation and use of multiple Twitter accounts or alias Twitter accounts to increase an entrant’s chances of winning a prize.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for Entries that are lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay of any online account, application, email, direct message, tweet, or other communication to be received, for any reason; any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Contest website users or by an equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes or winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, prizes may be awarded to winners to be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest or a prize and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash or credit, transferable or substitutable except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to award a substitute prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The refusal by an entrant to accept a prize releases and forever discharges Sponsor and its agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.