Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Tangerine Bank. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.
Summer Travel Twitter Chat
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Time: 8:00pm ET – 9:00pm ET
No RSVP Required
$500 in prizing
Anyone can participate in the Twitter Chat but only those who live in Canada, excluding those in the province of Quebec are eligible to win prizes.
Rules & Regs
Twitter Chat Questions
Here is a list of questions Tangerine will be posting during the Twitter Chat
- Are you prepared for the big summer spend? How do you think you can better prepare for it next year?
- Have factors such as foreign exchange rates or gas prices impacted your travel plans?
- Do you feel like you need to take a vacation even if you can’t afford one?
- Do you overspend when you’re on vacation, or do you stick to your budget?
- Do you have any tips on how to save for vacation?
- Do you budget for staycations the same way you budget for travelling vacations? Do you think you spend less on a staycation?
- Do you find it difficult to choose between taking a vacation and putting your money towards priorities like renovations, savings, or retirement?
Here are some great articles on the Tangerine Blog
We have curated a list of travel related articles that we think you might find useful. Happy Reading!
- Summer picnics are a great way to spend time with the family while enjoying a homemade feast that pleases everyone. It’s also a great way to save money. What are your favourite picnic foods? http://bit.ly/2xbCpU7
- There are patios to enjoy, road trips to take and cottages to visit. With all those fun times with friends and family, it’s easy to get carried away with summer spending. What is your favourite summer activity? http://bit.ly/2FvsEEO
- Imagine splurging on an opportunity to see your favourite band or sports team only to find out your tickets were fake. http://bit.ly/2XtgsPb
- Here are 5 tips on how you can enjoy concerts out on a budget. Do you have any tips to share? http://bit.ly/2XAfZdS
- Are you taking a vacation because you feel like you need to keep up with others? It’s easy and enticing to live like a big shot while only paying the interest on that rising debt. Is it worth it? http://bit.ly/2FvMXBT
- Creating a budget for your summer travel plans is a great idea. You can start saving for next year’s vacation now because It’s never too early to start saving. http://bit.ly/2Yhn00A
- Here’s how you can avoid coming home from the trip of a lifetime to a credit card bill of a lifetime. http://bit.ly/2IIudBu
- Do you want to stretch your travel budget? These tips will help you get the most bang for your buck when you travel. http://bit.ly/2J9bFJD
- Want to keep your finances in check when you’re planning a trip? There are things you can plan ahead, that will let you add a little spontaneity on your trip without going over budget. Do you know what they are? http://bit.ly/2J9bFJD
- There are financial benefits of travelling with a larger group. Have you ever travelled with a group? http://bit.ly/2Yal3ms
- Travelling with kids can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. From saving on attractions to booking tours, here are 10 tips to help you save money on your next family vacation. http://bit.ly/31S9AKE
- Have you ever vacationed at an all-inclusive resort? http://bit.ly/2XoTpoL
- Do you think camping is a less expensive way to spend your summer travel budget? Sandra Foster shares the one thing they hadn’t considered -the cost of camping. http://bit.ly/2Rx7SJG
- Would you rent out your home to finance your summer travel? Zehra Abbas rented out her home to finance her travel adventures. http://bit.ly/2XrcAhF