Jumpstart is more than just about getting kids active. It’s about giving kids from families in financial need the same chance to participate as their neighbours, their classmates and their friends. Whether it’s the chance to try a new sport or to continue with a favourite one, no kid should ever be left out.
Jumpstart is a national charity with a commitment to local communities. Organized sports connect kids to their communities. Canadian Tire Corporation recognized this and makes sure that money raised stays where it is donated. Canadian Tire Corporation is Jumpstart’s biggest supporter as it funds all the general administrative expenses of Jumpstart, which means 100% of customer donations go directly to help kids in need.
Community Partners, like Motivate Canada, Boys and Girls Clubs, Canadian Paralympic Committee and numerous others work with local Jumpstart Chapters to identify the kids whose families need Jumpstart’s funding assistance to get them off the sidelines and into the game. What kids do is up to them; Jumpstart is there to help them do it.
About Jumpstart Month
- Jumpstart Day (May 28) is an annual fundraising celebration to help kids from financially disadvantaged families across Canada, participate in organized sports and physical activities.
- June is Canadian Tire Jumpstart Month, and Canadians can show their support by donating at their local Canadian Tire store to give kids the gift of play.
- In 2015, more than $1 million ($1,036,618) was raised in Canadian Tire stores across Canada across Jumpstart Day celebrations and Jumpstart Month.
- All Canadian Tire dealers contribute to Jumpstart Month, and many host Jumpstart Day events in their communities. From BBQs to sport demos, to play days, there are celebratory events for communities to participate in across Canada.
- One hundred per cent of all customer donations made to Jumpstart stay within the community in which the donation was made to help local kids get off the sidelines and into the game.
- At Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities, they understand that the opportunity to play sports is about much more than helping kids get active.
- Sports equip kids for life by teaching them important skills like courage, confidence and teamwork. Unfortunately, some kids miss out on the opportunity to develop these essential life skills simply because of financial disadvantages.
- Jumpstart Month strives to remove the financial barriers that prevent kids from being able to play their favourite sports by helping to cover the costs associated with registration, equipment, and/or transportation.
Twitter Party Details
Date: Tuesday June 7, 2016
Time: 8:00pm ET
Hosts: @CanadianTire @CTJumpstart
Guests: @wick_22 @Mikkelson12 @benhuot
Prizing: $1000 in Canadian Tire Gift Cards
Canada Only excluding the province of Quebec
Twitter Party Newbie?
If you are new to Twitter Parties, please participate using TWUBS.
We are so excited to be tweeting with such an amazing group of guests. Be sure to follow them on Twitter.
- Find out more about Olympian Hayley Wickenheiser and follow @wick_22 on Twitter
- Find out more about Olympian Meaghan Mikkelson and follow @Mikkelson12 on Twitter
- Find out more about Olympian Benoit Huot and follow @benhuot on Twitter