Every day, millions of Tweets are exchanged around the world and across Canada. Twitter has become one of the easiest ways to stay connected; these Tweets share thoughts, break news stories and help people support one another, all in real time.
With so much going on, it can become difficult to keep up with everything you care about, and it was previously only possible if you followed thousands of accounts.
Fortunately, Twitter has been working on a solution. The talented team of experts at Twitter has developed Twitter Moments. Each week, the experts at Twitter Canada headquarters will curate the latest and most important news. This team of savvy media professionals know what’s important, and they’ll bring it right to you.
How does it work?
Just tap the new lightening bolt on your smartphone or on desktop, and a list of Moments will open! As new stories emerge throughout the day, the team will update the list of moments. You can also swipe through topics like “Sports” and “Entertainment” to view specific stories.
But how do engage with a moment?
- When you click into a Moment, you’re taken to an introduction with a title and description.
- Start swiping right to dive right into the story, with pictures and autoplaying videos, Vines, and GIFs.
- A single tap gives you a fuller view of the Tweet, which you can then like, Retweet, and follow the account. A double tap lets you instantly like the Tweet.
- The progress bar at the bottom indicates how much more each Moment has to offer.
- Swiping up or down takes you back to the guide.
- At the end of a Moment, click the share button to Tweet it to your followers.
How do you follow a Moment?
As new information or great Tweets become available, more Moments are added. For stories that update frequently and where you need to know what is happening minute by minute – like a live sporting event, awards show, or breaking news story – , there is an option to follow the moment. This works by blending the updates into your timeline, but when the event ends, the Tweets will leave your timeline just as it was before!
And just as with any other Tweet that you love and want to share, you can engage with Moments in all the usual ways.
Promoted Tweet -that really made me get it!