We got the flu shot – finally at the end of January. We were late in doing so. Why? We could not come up with a good reason. Our local Rexall Drugstore is so close and we frequent it many times per week! We actually had to get the flu or something like the flu to make us go and get it. It is a month later and we feel great. No flu for us! Next year we will get our flu shots at the start of the season!
Rexall Pharmacists** can immunize you with a flu shot any time, any day, no appointment necessary*. By provincial legislation, Pharmacists cannot administer a flu shot to children under a certain age*. Ask your pharmacist for age restrictions.
- Go to your local Rexall. Click here to find your closest location.
- Fill out the forms ( or if you are efficient click here to download the forms first)
- Hand forms to Pharmacist and get your flu shot.
Influenza is much worse than a bad cold.
- Commonly known as “the flu” influenza is an infection in the airways caused by the influenza virus. The flu is easily caught and easily spread. Although some symptoms may be cold-like (see comparison chart below), they are far more serious: headache, chills and dry cough are rapidly joined by body aches and fever. While the fever declines on the second or third day of the illness, full recovery may take up to 6 weeks.
Flu vaccine can’t give you the flu
- The flu vaccine must meet the very highest standards. In order to offer you the most effective protection, the vaccine must contain part of the virus itself – the virus is dead and cannot give you the flu.
New flu strains mean a new vaccine each year
- Each year the World Health Organization identifies the particular stains of the flu the new vaccine must protect against. The vaccine is then produced to be most effective against those strains. Each year, you need to receive the new vaccine to be effectively protected against influenza.
You should get immunized before the season heats up!
- October to April is flu season. Get immunized in time. It takes 2 weeks for immunity to develop. Take preventive steps; the best protection is immunization. Remember, your last year’s flu vaccination won’t protect you this year.
The Rexall Cold & Flu Ready Kit has everything you need to be prepared for the flu.
Whether you’ve already got a flu shot or not, there are still things you can do to prevent the flu. Your Rexall Pharmacist has put together a list of items that you and your family should always have in your home. Click below to view, print or share the list with your family and friends.
Build Your Own Rexall Cold & Flu Ready Kit
Products that help prevent a cold or the flu
|Rexall Hand Sanitizers||Helps kill bacteria/germs on hands to prevent the spreading of viruses|
|Rexall Antibacterial Soap||Helps kill bacteria/germs on hands to prevent the spreading of viruses|
|Rexall Antibacterial Moist Towelettes||Helps kill bacteria/germs on hands to prevent the spreading of viruses|
|Rexall Vitamin C||Helps build up the immune system|
|Rexall Vitamin D||Helps prevent mineral deficiences that weaken the immune system|
|Rexall Complete Multivitamin||Helps promote overall health and prevent mineral deficiences that weaken the immune system|
|Rexall Natural Canadian Spring Water||Helps keep your body hydrated and in the elimination of toxins|
|Rexall Toothbrush||Helps reduce re-infecting yourself|
|Rexall Cold Assist||Helps build up the immune system|
|Rexall Probiotics 6 Billion Cells||Replaces benefitical bacteria which prevents viral and other infections|
|Rexall Facial Tissue||Helps prevent the spreading of germs and viruses|
|Rexall Antibacterial Surface Cleaner||Helps kill bacteria/germs on surfaces to prevent the spreadingof viruses|
|Rexall Echinacea||Helps build up the immune system|
PRODUCTS THAT HELP TREAT THE FLU
|Rexall Extra Strength Ibuprofen||Helps reduce fever and aches and pains|
|Rexall Children’s Acetaminophen Suspension||Helps reduce fever and aches and pains|
|Cough Assist Lozenge & Cough Drops||Soothes sore throats|
|Rexall Extra Strength Day/Night Combo Flu Relief Caplets||Helps provide relief from flu-related cough, nasal congestion, aches, pains and fever|
|Rexall Cough Syrup DM-D-E-A Cold & Flu Extra Strength||Helps provide relief from flu-related cough, nasal congestion, aches, pains and fever|
|Rexall Dual Scale Digital Thermometer||Helps differentiate colds from flu and monitors the severity of fever|
|Rexall Vaporizing Cold Rub||Helps provide relief of nasal congestion and cough|