The Canadian Tire Wickenheiser World Female Hockey Festival invites your team to take part in this spectacular event! This special weekend is the dream come-to-life of six-time Olympian Hayley Wickenheiser. Hayley is pleased to host her seventh festival in this exciting city and venue, in partnership with Girls Hockey Calgary and Rocky Mountain Female Hockey League.
Over the course of two four day weekends in November 1,500+ players will compete and connect while building positive female hockey experiences across all levels. Each team is guaranteed four games with most games being played at the stunning WinSport arenas (Winter Sports Institute at Canada Olympic Park), home to Hockey Canada, as well as at The Edge Sport School and other local arenas!
An exciting build this year is the addition of more teams and splitting the event into two separate weekends. This allows teams to fully experience the atmosphere of the event as most games will take place at Winsport.
November 17th weekend – Bantam, Midget (EXCLUDING AAA and Elite)
November 24th weekend – Novice, Atom, PeeWee, Bantam Elite, Midget Elite and Midget AAA
Beyond the Competition
Why call it a festival? Because players will be exposed to more than just competition (see wickfest.com for more). Outside of the tournament and a four game guarantee, it also includes:
Workshops and Clinics (requires separate registration)
These will be delivered throughout the weekend featuring high-profile and world-renowned coaches, athletes and experts from around the world. Previous topics included:
- Off-Ice Training Like A Pro – a session on hockey specific off-ice training for developing players
- Creating an Elite Mindset – learn how the best athletes in the world think and act forward in order to have success at all levels
- Hot Stove – a roundtable discussion featuring Hayley and some very special guests
- Full-Pop Footwork – learn some new footwork drills that will have you skating circles around anyone; even your own coaches!
- Nutrition Tips For Athletes – learn about meals, snacks and hydration for busy schedules
- Incredible Core – interactive session introducing new and challenging core exercises specifically useful for hockey
- Physical Team-building – interactive session including muay thai, ping pong, etc.
Special Sessions and Events:
- On-ice demo with Hayley Wickenheiser and NHL special guests (past guests include retired NHL’ers Bryan Trottier, Trevor Linden, Mayson Raymon and Brendan Morrison)
- Opening Reception and Party for players, coaches and parents featuring high-profile special guests (past guests include Country music superstar Dean Brody, Natalie Spooner, Meaghan Mikkelson and international dignitaries), entertainers, sports personalities and guest Olympians.
- Opportunities to win on-ice time with Hayley and special guests