We were so excited to attend the first ever Blend Bar by Becel® event earlier this month, learn about the Becel you love with simpler ingredients, and meet special guests Rose Reisman and Graham Elliot.
We were welcomed by Rose Reisman.
She actually made fresh, homemade margarine in under 15 minutes. Don’t believe it? Here’s proof:
And, in case you were wondering, here’s a sneak peek of the #BecelBlendBar:
We were so excited to see the menu for the evening that would be prepared for us by former Master Chef judge Graham Elliot!
After Rose blended the fresh margarine, Graham Elliot was up next to show us how we could cook with Becel®. Did you know you can swap Becel® for butter 1:1? Or that Becel® has 80% less saturated fat than butter and can be used for cooking, baking, frying, sautéing, and spreading?
We captured Graham Elliot on Periscope. Watch now!
Here is some video we captured from the event.
Why we like Becel® margarine you love with simpler ingredients!
- It’s made from a blend of plant and seed oils–including Becel’s Master Blend of sunflower and Canadian canola oil–that provide a source of good Omega 3 polyunsaturated fats that our bodies need.
- It has no artificial preservatives, flavours or colours, which means you can feel good about choosing Becel margarine as part of your heart healthy lifestyle.
- It has a great taste your family will love and can be used for cooking, baking, frying, sautéing and spreading.
- It contains no trans-fat and has 80% less saturated fat than butter.
- Becel is versatile and can replace butter 1:1 in any recipe.
Visit the #BecelBlendBar in Toronto Until March 20, 2016 to see the Make Margarine.
At the Blend Bar by Becel®, you’ll see how plant and seed oils, like Becel’s Master Blend of Canadian canola and sunflower oil, are blended to create soft, non-hydrogenated margarine. Residents of Toronto and the GTA are invited to visit the Blend Bar at Loblaws at Maple Leaf Gardens to watch the Master Blender at work, and to taste the fresh margarine blended on the spot. At the Blend Bar, you can learn about the blending process and discover how margarine can be made from ingredients that can be found in your kitchen, like seed and plant oils. You can experience the #BecelBlendBar if you live in Toronto, by visiting the Loblaws store at Maple Leaf Gardens.
When: March 2-20, 2016
Where: Loblaws store at Maple Leaf Gardens
Time: Monday to Friday 11am – 7pm and Saturday/Sunday 10am – 6pm
This post was sponsored by Becel®, but as always opinions are our own!